ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 6 07:20:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 07:04:55PM +0200, Aymeric MUNTZ wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I got a FBSD 5.4 box which I have to change the motherboard.
>
> It seams that it doesn't recognize the ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY
>

> Anyone has any information about that?

Hi Aymeric,

the FreeBSD release you're using is very old, so there's no driver
support for your chip.  In fact the driver that's likely to support
it (age(4)) is only in CURRENT at the moment but will probably be merged
to the STABLE branches soon.
Could you provide the output of pciconf -lv so we can determine if your
chip is supported by the age(4) driver?

I have CCed Pyun YongHyeon, the age(4) driver writer, for additional insight.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc