Problemes with FreeBSD 6.0-R and Dell Precision 380

Manuel Trujillo Albarral mtrujillo at corp.vlex.com
Wed Nov 9 04:48:41 PST 2005

Hello!

First, i will apologize about my bad english... sorry...

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.0-Release into a Dell Precision 380
workstation. The machine has an usb keyboard.
I try with the "usb keyboard" from menu boot, also setting this "set
hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"" from "options" in the menu boot option, or
also with "set hint.acpi.0.disabled="1""... Is impossible to obtain
keyboard when i arrive to sysinstall menu. Sometimes the machine hangup
when arrive to "atkb" or keyboard section in the kernel load.
Really, I can't understand what's happen...
If a try with a FreeBSD 5.3 (Freesbie 1.1 livecd) all run ok.

Here, attached to this mail, are two dmesg archives; one extracted from
a knoppix 4.0 and another extrated from a Freesbie 1.1, and also two
more archives from a lspci -vv from the knoppix 4.0, and the another
from the Freesbie 1.1 livecd pciconf output.

Anybody can help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

--
Manuel Trujillo