New Graphiccard nvidia or ati?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Mar 7 15:47:01 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm (still) planning to buy a new computer system soon. I'm still shure
it will be an AMD64 system with PCI/Express onboard. I think I'll try to
get my hands on a board with VIA KT890 instead of nforce4 because from
what I heard, via is better supported from FreeBSD. The thing with gfx is
now... I've no idea what to buy. All I need is
	- PCIe
	- 2 monitor support
	- non-fan cooling (passiv cooling)

it looks like, both nvidia and ati don't have a 3d driver which will work
on amd64 right? As far as I can see there are two choices left:

	- Gigabyte GeForce 6600, 128MB DDR, DVI, TV-out, PCIe (GV-
	  NX66128DP)

	- Sapphire Radeon X300 Lite

 both cards provide a 2nd monitor option so I can use xinerama (or am I
worng?) and are cooled w/o a fan. I guess(!) that the ATI case produces
less heat which makes me tend to that one.
Any suggestions what to buy?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/