New Graphiccard nvidia or ati?

Daniel Hyde daniel.hyde at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:38:20 GMT 2005

If I understand you correctly, you're saying you would get an nvidia
card for the freebsd support, but since there's no 3d support on amd64
yet, you're thinking of going with the ati instead?

If nvidia's track record is anything to go by (ie, native freebsd
drivers for 3d), I'd stick with the nvidia card. Even if they don't
have a native 3d driver available for amd64 yet, there's a much
greater chance they'll have one sooner or later.  Compare ati who, as
far as I am aware, have never released a freebsd-native 3d driver.