Socket 939 AMD 64 on Abit AV8 installed mostly OK

Rob rob3 at pythonemproject.com
Wed Sep 29 11:36:34 PDT 2004

Hardware seemed to work well.  This was binary install off of AMD-64
5.3Beta iso.  Glitch was software.  No X11 relient packages would
install due to lack of X11 libraries package on Cd.   Other main
annoyance, after running for 1/2 hour or so the speaker would start
beeping.  I understand from manual that this is a warning indicator
(temp, voltage, etc),  but I wasn't stressing anything.    Rob.