TDK DVD Burner

Dev Tugnait dev at unixdaemon.org
Fri Feb 27 03:39:11 PST 2004

Hmm well i do know that im not really using k3b to burn (which is just a frontend to growisofs), it was recommended to me to diagnose my drive. I also did not claim that k3b will do mircales for me, so the abrasiveness is uncalled for. I am using growisofs, hmm the burner did claim to burn dvd-r and dvd-rw in the item specs or else i never would have bought a dvd-rw. I have read the docs, anyways i bought a dvd+rw so whenever it gets here hopefully things should be better.

* Marc Fonvieille (blackend at freebsd.org) wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:48:03PM -0500, Dev Tugnait wrote:
> > But dvd+Rw tools does support DVD-R and DVD-RW, why would it really matter as long as my drive supports it? OR these dont work at all...hmm that cant be true i think
> >

> [ could you please quote/answer correctly? :)]
>
> Yes, the dvd+rw-tools support all recordable DVD flavors *but* your
> burner *must* support the media you use.
> Another thing k3b is just a GUI to different utilities: dvd+rw-tools,
> cdrdao etc.  if growisofs can't deal with your burner/media, k3b will
> not do miracles.
>
> The Handbook covers DVD burning, I think you will find a lot of
> informations in this section:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html
>
> Marc
---++---
pub  1024D/B9046473 2003-11-21 Dev Tugnait (Freebsd) <dev at unixdaemon.org>
     Key fingerprint = F690 6725 1930 6FBE C05A  FE4D 6CB1 34C1 B904 6473
sub  1024g/F8F019DF 2003-11-21