TDK DVD Burner

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 27 02:45:01 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:48:03PM -0500, Dev Tugnait wrote:
> But dvd+Rw tools does support DVD-R and DVD-RW, why would it really matter as long as my drive supports it? OR these dont work at all...hmm that cant be true i think

[ could you please quote/answer correctly? :)]

Yes, the dvd+rw-tools support all recordable DVD flavors *but* your
burner *must* support the media you use.
Another thing k3b is just a GUI to different utilities: dvd+rw-tools,
cdrdao etc.  if growisofs can't deal with your burner/media, k3b will
not do miracles.

The Handbook covers DVD burning, I think you will find a lot of
informations in this section:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html

Marc