ATX boards and restart after power failure

Ivo Hazmuk ivo at vutbr.cz
Tue May 13 22:17:17 PDT 2003

> I have an Asus P5A r1.04 mainboard that I want to use for a server but
> it does not reboot after a power failure.
> r1.06 of the P5A does but that doesn't help me.
>
> Did anybody find a work around?
> I've contacted Asus but I expect them to just say that I am out of luck
> with the revision board that I have.

I know another ATX motherboards without this option in BIOS. With one
friend we prepare hardware patch independent on MB. It's based on
single chip processor. We used this "complicated" solution because if
you start ATX computer you need push power on button for time less then
4s. When you push power button longer, computer power down. Processor
control timing.

If you want describe functionality exactly I can try.

We use this in two servers many years without problem.

Now I have 5 or 6 pieces of this card. If you want I can send it to you.
But I don't know the cost. It was about 60 US$.

	Ivo Hazmuk

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!