ATX boards and restart after power failure

-|- Hurgh -|- hurgh at oxley.vic.edu.au
Tue May 13 20:15:05 PDT 2003

It is an option in the bios of most ATX Mb's.
In mine i have an option for "Power State After AC Loss" -- and the options
are, "On", "Off", "Last State".

So that means that for me, if my computer looses AC Power (plug is pulled,
power out, or whatever), i can set it to turn my computer back ON, or leave
it OFF, or have it return to the last state, so if it was off, it will stay
off, it it was on it will turn on.

So check your bios for something like that.
I have checked 5 different ATX mb's and all of them have the option, just
different name on some.

-|- Hurgh -|-

Website: http://www.hurgh.org/
Forums: http://forums.hurgh.org/