onboard intel pro 100 ve problems on 4.8 rel and 5.1 rel

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon Jun 23 18:18:40 PDT 2003

[posted & mailed]
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Menno V wrote:

> On my Dell dimension 8300, I can't get my onboard intel pro 100 ve NIC
> working on FreeBSD. Windows says it's an "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
> Connection". In Windows and Linux everything seems to work fine. When I
> try to use it on FreeBSD it doesn't even show up in the dmesg output,
> while I'm using a generic kernel (fxp is included).

Looking through the dmesg output, there are a number of <unknown card>
devices.  At a guess, I would suggest that your NIC is one of these.  You
could try identifying which by the PCI ids, and then try adding that PCI
id to the fxp source files and rebuild the kernel.  If it works, send-pr a
patch.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia