onboard intel pro 100 ve problems on 4.8 rel and 5.1 rel

DavidSiebörger drs at rucus.ru.ac.za
Mon Jun 23 11:47:48 PDT 2003

At  3:37 PM on Monday 23 June 2003, Menno V wrote:
> On my Dell dimension 8300, I can't get my onboard intel pro 100 ve
> NIC working on FreeBSD. Windows says it's an "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE
> Network Connection". In Windows and Linux everything seems to work
> fine. When I try to use it on FreeBSD it doesn't even show up in
> the dmesg output, while I'm using a generic kernel (fxp is
> included).
>
> I couln't find anything about this problem in other mailing lists.
> Am I the only one having this problem. Does someone know a
> solution?

> pci2: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x1050) at 8.0 irq 3

That looks like your network interface.  The device ID was added to
the fxp(4) driver on 12 June, too late for 4.8 and 5.1.  The patch
for 4.8 is at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c.diff?r1=1.110.2.28&r2=1.110.2.30

And for 5.1:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c.diff?r1=1.180&r2=1.182