Setup sound and modem

David Yucht davey at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jul 8 10:16:57 PDT 2003

There's a 99% chance you don't need the "options PNPBIOS" - it's mainly
for old machines like the P200 in my closet with integrated sound. That is
what typically causes the "unknown: <PNP___> can't assign resources" error
messages. Try taking it out of the kernel config and giving things another
go. If you still get the line in dmesg about pcm0 being an unknown ac97
codec, yes, I'm afraid it may not be fully supported yet.

David Yucht