Setup sound and modem

Dennis swiftgti at i-cable.com
Tue Jul 8 06:28:52 PDT 2003

Thanks for your help!  I followed the instructions but I found that there is
very poor sound.
I played some wave it just comes out with distortion and low volume.  When
no sound is played it keeps giving some high frequency noise.  From the
instruction, I added "device pcm" and "options PNPBIOS" in kernel and
compiled.  After that I also do "sh MAKEDEV snd0" in /dev directory.  Am I
doing something wrong?

Please see the dmesg:
> grep pcm /var/run/dmesg.boot
pcm0: <SiS 7012> port 0xd800-0xd83f,0xdc00-0xdcff irq 11 at device 2.7 on
pci0
pcm0: <unknown ac97 codec> (id=0x434d4941)

Also in dmesg, I also find some strange rows:
unknown: <PNP0000> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
Do they related?  Or it does not work with 9738?