despairing with apache httpd + php

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Mon Mar 31 15:50:45 UTC 2014

Greetings.
> I'm tearing my hair out trying to get a simple Apache HTTPD and mod_php
> install for running mediawiki (mysql) under FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE
>
> I can't get a working system whichever way I try.  Either mod_php.so
> doesn't seem to get built or I'm getting XML problems (Class 'DOMDocument'
> not found)
>
> I've tried installing packages with the new "pkg" tool
>
> I've tried compiling from ports.
>
> I've tried downloading Apache and PHP source and building those.
>
> Has anyone done this?  I didn't think I was trying anything exotic here but
> I've wasted two days now!

No offense. But there's nothing here that indicates anything, but that you've
built/installed www/apache-*, and lang/php* several times, and in several
different ways. There is absolutely no indication that any of the
build/installs failed their intended purposes.
What makes you believe there was any problem with the build/installs?
Is there any output from phpinfo();? If you get the standard table output,
you can be assured that the build/install was successful.
In other words; you haven't given us anything to work with here.
(Class 'DOMDocument' not found) is of little, to no value. :)

--Chris