FoxPro on FreeBSD

Puppet Master pmaster at mindslayer.net
Thu Oct 24 01:59:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

A couple of years ago I posted a message on the forums, regarding
getting FoxPro (for SCO Unix) working on FreeBSD. The direct link to the
forum is here:

 From version 2.2.8 to 7.4 of FreeBSD this has worked flawlessly, but
ceased to run with version 8.1.

I would really love for this to continue working with future versions
but have not found anyone that can help. A few days ago I received a
private message on the forum requesting that I please post to hackers@
to see if anyone could help. The idea being that "Its unlikely the SCO
binaries get tested very regularly."

So here I am.  In case anyone wants to test the FoxPro for FreeBSD, you
can download my Perl script that installs it from here:
http://www.at-vantage.com/foxfiles/foxp_install.txt

(rename the foxp_install.txt to foxp_install.pl).
This checks for i386, FreeBSD version before installing so if you plan
on testing it on 8.1 or above, you may need to modify the script and
comment out the sections that check for that.

I do hope that someone can help, it would be great if the SCO binary for
FoxPro would function again.

Thanks.