Is freebsd-update braindamaged, or I'm using it wrong?

Dirk Engling erdgeist at erdgeist.org
Wed Oct 23 01:17:11 UTC 2013

On 23.10.13 02:15, Michael Schmiedgen wrote:

> Another thing was that I had to invoke pwd_mkdb manually after password
> file was merged. I wondered, because behaviour in mergemaster is to
> recognize this.

And while we're at it: man services says to call services_mkdb after
touching /etc/services. However, running it gives me hundreds of errors
about

"services_mkdb: duplicate service `1'"

So is the man page wrong? When is the last time the mkdb command has
been run on the shipped /etc/services file?

Regards,

  erdgeist