Loader forth changes for customization

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 13 14:57:03 UTC 2013

On 11/13/13, 12:18 AM, Teske, Devin wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:45 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
>> I added some hooks for menu.rc as well, you can see it via the github urls below.
>>
>> I've attached a sample menu.rc.local that provides additional menus.
>>
>> -Alfred
>>
>> On 11/12/13, 6:35 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> I added some forth using Devin's help to make it easier to customize the FreeBSD boot loader graphics.
>>>
>>> Diffs are here:
>>> https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/compare/loader_custom_rc
>>> -or-
>>> https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/compare/loader_custom_rc.diff
>>>

>>> Diff attached.
>>>
>>> Also attached is a custom loader.rc file and loader.conf file that shows how to set the brand/logo.
>>>
>>> Please review.
>>>
> I signed up for a github account (thanks), and I started commenting on some lines.
yay! :)

>>> -Alfred
>> <menu.rc.local>
> Hmmm, I hadn't realized that you could say:
>
> set foo=bar
>
> Along-side setting functions in the same file.
>
> I don't think you can set functions in an *.rc file, only in a *.4th file?
>
> No? Maybe it's a false misconception of mine. I've been keeping them
> separate for years. (but probably rightfully so, to keep *.rc files clean).

It seems to work although I will talk to the team about making separate
files for the set commands.

I've responded to your review comments here:

https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/commit/0ca72dccd78b880b3e3ef4c2bb9ce025950a370b#commitcomment-4584862

The changes I made are now in the branch
https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/tree/loader_custom_rc and you
likely should see them in the updated pull request I sent you.

-Alfred