Loader forth changes for customization

Teske, Devin Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com
Wed Nov 13 08:18:19 UTC 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:45 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> I added some hooks for menu.rc as well, you can see it via the github urls below.
>
> I've attached a sample menu.rc.local that provides additional menus.
>
> -Alfred
>
> On 11/12/13, 6:35 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I added some forth using Devin's help to make it easier to customize the FreeBSD boot loader graphics.
>>
>> Diffs are here:
>> https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/compare/loader_custom_rc
>> -or-
>> https://github.com/alfredperlstein/freebsd/compare/loader_custom_rc.diff
>>

>> Diff attached.
>>
>> Also attached is a custom loader.rc file and loader.conf file that shows how to set the brand/logo.
>>
>> Please review.

I signed up for a github account (thanks), and I started commenting on some lines.

>> -Alfred
>
> <menu.rc.local>

Hmmm, I hadn't realized that you could say:

set foo=bar

Along-side setting functions in the same file.

I don't think you can set functions in an *.rc file, only in a *.4th file?

No? Maybe it's a false misconception of mine. I've been keeping them
separate for years. (but probably rightfully so, to keep *.rc files clean).
--
Devin