Ports: make fails, if DESTDIR path has spaces

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Mar 31 17:09:48 UTC 2013

El día Sunday, March 31, 2013 a las 05:29:18PM +0100, Chris Rees escribió:

> Yeah, don't do that.

+1

> Spaces in directories will always cause problems; I suppose someone
> could fix it in bsd.port.mk, but it will probably break somewhere
> else; spaces in Make variables have a special meaning.
>
> Use an underscore if you're desperate.

Until today I thought that this, spaces in file or dir names, have been
the typically attitude of Windows minded people; if it now comes to
FreeBSD hackers, the world is coming to its end :-)

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards