Fwd: Intel microcode update

kaltheat kaltheat at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 18:48:41 UTC 2013

Hopefully some hacker could help me ...

============ Forwarded message ============
>From : kaltheat at googlemail.com
To :  <questions at freebsd.org>
Date : Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:06:25 +0100
Subject : Intel microcode update
============ Forwarded message ============

Hi,

I was wondering how to update microcode of an Intel CPU and came across
cpucontrol and sysutils/devcpu-data . But last mentioned port is not up-to-date
anymore. I searched Intel's webpages for microcode updates and found archives
for Linux containing one single microcode.dat file. Could someone tell me if
that file is compatible with FreeBSD? As devcpu-data installs .fw files it
might be proper to convert/compile microcode.dat in some way. How?

Regards,
kaltheat