GSOC: Qt front-ends

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Wed Apr 24 16:18:19 UTC 2013

On Apr 24, 2013, at 5:43 AM, Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:

> It _is_ easy. But having a nice graphical tool which draws a pretty table of
> GENERIC and NOTES together with useful information about the possible options
> and devices would be a handy thing to have IMHO.
> Let's make FreeBSD userfriendly :-)

Side note: I agree that we would really, really like FreeBSD more user friendly.

However, is kernel configuration where we really want to start?  Just how much of the user base reconfigures their kernels, anyway?  Wouldn't effort be better spent on making normal installation, maintenance and deployment clean and easy?

Regards,
Tony