FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Jan 17 22:40:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:50:08PM -0600 I heard the voice of
Mark Felder, and lo! it spake thus:

> I've seen  several other things hit -STABLE right after the freeze
> ended early  January which surprise me that they weren't included in
> -RELEASE and we  didn't have another RC.

You mean the 9.0-RELEASE that's scheduled to be done (after having
already slipped a month) at the beginning of Sept 2011?  At some point
(well before those add'l patches you're talking about, IMO) you have
to STOP and release the damn thing already.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net