[RFT][patch] Scheduling for HTT and not only

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Mon Feb 27 23:55:21 UTC 2012

On 02/27/12 06:28, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2012/2/27 George Mitchell<george+freebsd at m5p.com>:

>>> Are you using sysmouse (moused) for the xorg pointer ?
>>>

>> Yes.                                                -- George Mitchell
>
> Can you try with hald, or directly with the mouse device, without
> using moused ? Others reported they had better interactivity without
> sysmouse/moused. Really better (no mouse lag or freeze when under high
> load).

This seems to be harder than you would expect with a USB mouse -- moused
starts up even with 'moused_enable="NO"' in my /etc/rc.conf.  And in any
case, I'm not talking about poor mouse response: I'm talking about over
a minute and a half for thunderbird to start up with the mouse standing
still, and "make buildkernel" not completing even after eight hours.
-- George Mitchell