upgrade to version 8 - can not mount root

Eduardo sathler90 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:32:27 UTC 2011

Thanks to all the replies...  I did solve this problem by doing a low
level format of the disk...  I also saw another thread where this bug
was reported ... http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=130698

I have to find out now, how to indentify this potencial problem on my
other servers, so I would know beforehand that a standard upgrade will
not work.

Cheers.