CFR: FEATURE macros for AUDIT/CAM/IPC/KTR/MAC/NFS/NTP/PMC/SYSV/...

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 12 00:52:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> during the last GSoC various FEATURE macros where added to the system.
> Before committing them, I would like to get some review (like if macro is in
> the correct file, and for those FEATURES where the description was not taken
> from NOTES if the description is OK).
>
> If nobody complains, I would like to commit this in 1-2 weeks. If you need
> more time to review, just tell me.
>
> Here is the list of affected files (for those impatient ones which do not
> want to look at the attached patch before noticing that they are not
> interested to look at it):

The additions for security/audit and security/mac both seem reasonable; I've
been meaning to add them myself for quite a bit.  There's then some code in
libc that can learn to use this as well, at least for MAC.

The one comment I'd make is that the MAC case should indicate that "The MAC
Framework" is supported, rather than mandatory access controls being present
-- the presence of the framework doesn't imply the presence of mandatory
access control policies.

Robert