our little daemon abused as symbol of the evil

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Feb 8 12:20:53 UTC 2010

Ruben de Groot <mail25 at bzerk.org> wrote:
 > On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 08:05:10PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey typed:
 > > PS an undefended trade mark loses its right to further defence or some such,
 > > (I'm not a lawyer).
 >
 > It's not a trade mark, is it? It's copyrighted. That's a whole other set of laws.

On the bottom of this page ...

http://www.freebsd.org/art.html

.. the text states that Marshall Kirk McKusick is the
trademark holder for the BSD Daemon image.
However, on another page (I don't have the URL right
now) it says that Kirk owns the copyright of the daemon.

I guess one of the web pages needs to be corrected,
but I don't know which one.  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver

"A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier
to program in than some that do."
        -- Dennis M. Ritchie