PCI IDE Controller Base Address Register setting

Darmawan Salihun darmawan_salihun at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 19:11:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> From: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: PCI IDE Controller Base Address Register setting
> To: "Darmawan Salihun" <darmawan_salihun at yahoo.com>
> Cc: freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org
> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 1:52 PM
> On Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:38:05
> pm Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > --- On Tue, 12/28/10, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > From: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
> > > Subject: Re: PCI IDE Controller Base Address
> Register setting
> > > To: freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org
> > > Cc: "Darmawan Salihun" <darmawan_salihun at yahoo.com>
> > > Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 10:20 AM

> Geode LX800
> > > (CS5536 "southbridge").
> > > However, it cannot detect the IDE controller (in
> the
> > > CS5536) correctly. It
> > > says something similar to this:
> > >
> > > Hmm, I can't find a message like that
> anywhere.  Can
> > > you get the exact message
> > > you are seeing?
> > >

> > It says:
> >
> > "No disks found! Please verify that your disk
> controller is being properly
> > probed at boot time."
>
> Oh, so this is a message from the installer.  Can you
> capture a verbose dmesg
> via a serial console perhaps?

I'm not sure if I can do this because I've tried a couple of times
but nothing comes out of the serial console. Perhaps a wrong baud rate setting?
I set it to 96bps and 8-N-1 back then. Is that correct?

> Or at least the kernel
> probe messages for your
> ATA controller?

I recall that pressing Alt+F2 during the installation would open-up
another console, full with log messages. Would that be enough?

Thanks,

Darmawan