SoC 2009: USB improvements under FreeBSD

Sylvestre Gallon ccna.syl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:47:26 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I am a French student interested in FreeBSD and *BSD in
general. I am really interested in kernel stuff, device driver
development, arm System On Chip and hardware protocols
(like USB).

I have worked two years @ Adeneo on embedded BSP
(Board support package)  development. I have done some
Atmel card BSP while I’ve been doing this job and developed
USB drivers and USB device firmware.

I am also the leader of R&D in the rathaxes project (a DSL/Driver
http://www.rathaxes.org) .

The aim of my Summer of Code project would be to improve
the usb into FreeBSD. To do it I will add support for libusb v1.0 api,
improve the usb function subsystem, write some manpages and
implement some USB function drivers. My mentor is Philip Paeps.

You can read my full proposal at :

http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2009SylvestreGallon

Cheers,

--