BDB corrupt

Anthony Pankov ap00 at mail.ru
Wed May 14 06:51:11 UTC 2008

Thanks everyone for responding.

I'll use QDBM as most attractive from my point of view. Oracle BDB is
to complex for my task and have drastic "free" license with unknown price
for commercial use. Licensing is not a main issue for me now,
but i'll beware it to be on the safe side.

I think that FreeBSD (ideally) must have a few PRIMARY datastore tools which
together cover most tasks and able for horizontal and vertical scaling:
1. BDB1 = QDBM
2. CDB
3. SQLite
4. Firebird
5. PostgreSQL

I'm absolutely sure that tradition of programmers to write own
datastore, memory list, etc has to be dropped.

I think that some warning like 'may corrupt data' has to be committed
to 'man db'.

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                            mailto:ap00 at mail.ru