Network Throughput between jail and base system

Ilias Marinos marinosi at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Mar 6 21:46:24 UTC 2008

Hello all,
	I have a jail to my FreeBSD-STABLE, in which I run some
services.I have configured and setup this jail using ezjail-admin.
marinosi at marinos:~$ jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     1  192.168.1.100   ws			      /usr/jails/ws
/usr/jails/ws

#Jails
ezjail_enable="YES"
ifconfig_lo1="192.168.1.100 netmask 0xffffffff" # Jail iface

I use lo1 as jail interface and I nat internet traffic to it with pf:
nat on $ext_if from $ws to any -> ($ext_if)

	Today I 've tried to scp a big directory inside the jail and
I've noticed that I was secure copying with 2-3MB/s .That sounds too
weird for me and I would like to hear some opinions , for what it may be
the problem.

Thanks a lot,
Ilias Marinos

--
echo "Sysadmin know better bash than english." | sed s/min/mins/ \