GPG encryption of binary sample requested.

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Sun Jul 13 16:56:26 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008 18:35:59 schrieb Julian Stacey:
> I'll have to install some other POP3 (or IMAP) server, Big choice:
>   cd /usr/ports/mail; echo *pop*
>   akpop3d cucipop freepops mdpop3d nullpop p5-vpopmail pecl-pop3
>   pop-before-smtp pop3gwd pop3lite pop3proxy pop3vscan popa3d
>   popa3d-before-sendmail popcheck popclient popd popfile poppassd
>   popper poppwd poppy popular qpopper solidpop3d teapop teapop-devel
>   tpop3d vm-pop3d vpopmail vpopmail-devel wmmultipop3 wmpop3 wmpop3lb

I'm personally very happy with courier-imap (which is both a POP and IMAP
implementation). courier requires you to keep your mail-spools in maildir
format, though (which I favor anyway over mbox, but YMMV).

Depending on the MTA/MDA you use, it should be easy to adapt it to store mails
to maildirs. For Postfix, maildir support is builtin, for sendmail, you can
use procmail to do the delivery, which also sports maildir support.

--
Heiko Wundram