GPG encryption of binary sample requested.

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sun Jul 13 16:36:21 UTC 2008

"Julian Stacey" wrote:
> 	do others see this too or have comment please ?

It turns out /usr/ports/mail/popd is corrupting data from both my servers
running FreeBSD-6.2 & FreeBSD-6.3, (3rd server with 7.0 back soon to test).

Detail:
  zlib was reacting to corrupt data.
  I did some loop tests & grabbing data half way with sftp & found:
  - Data out goes OK with SMTP+Auth to servers,
  - Data served back via POP3 is corrupted from my remote FreeBSD popd servers
    ( /usr/ports/mail/popd popd-2.2.2a_4, on both FreeBSD-6.2, 6.3,
    (My FreeBSD-7.0 server off line, not tested),
  - My local fetchmail on my dynamic IP gate running FreeBSD-6.2,
    & my internal host send out & recieve back fine using an alternate POP3
  - No problem with large base64 bins, only when I receive encrypted.

I'll have to install some other POP3 (or IMAP) server, Big choice:
  cd /usr/ports/mail; echo *pop*
  akpop3d cucipop freepops mdpop3d nullpop p5-vpopmail pecl-pop3
  pop-before-smtp pop3gwd pop3lite pop3proxy pop3vscan popa3d
  popa3d-before-sendmail popcheck popclient popd popfile poppassd
  popper poppwd poppy popular qpopper solidpop3d teapop teapop-devel
  tpop3d vm-pop3d vpopmail vpopmail-devel wmmultipop3 wmpop3 wmpop3lb

PS test accounts are handy to have for debugging when things break, so
if 1 or 2 people fancy offering me a POP3 account, I'd happily reciprocate.

PPS Earlier I tried /usr/ports/mail/getmail, It fetches 1M of uuencoded
   random data, but fails on 10M with:
  	operation error (child pid 56001 killed by signal 9)

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
  Mail plain ASCII text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam. www.asciiribbon.org