find -lname and -ilname implemented

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Sun Feb 24 14:34:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Warner Losh wrote:

<<snip>>

agree.

> Or course, we may need to adopt features from bash into our /bin/sh as
> time marches forward.
===============

i'll disagree on this one. linux (that i've seen) uses a symlink from sh
to bash. if you execute /bin/sh, it's running bash. if you write a script
on linux and it works with /bin/sh it may not work with a "real" bourne
shell. i've seen it in kde, where it seems most of the development is done
on linux. when i saw it, i filed a bug report with a fix (to make the
script compatible with bourne shell).

in that case, the answer is to suggest that kde/linux do the right thing,
not emulate them when they do the wrong thing.

<<snip>>

agree.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight
 	 an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the
 	 evil that they set out to destroy."
 		-- Christopher Dawson,
 		The Judgment of Nations, 1942