MK_SSP used for both libssp and -fstack-protector

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Apr 24 16:18:55 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Another problem I have is that MK_SSP is used for both libssp and
-fstack-protector.  This could be a problem.  I think moving libssp
under MK_GNU_SUPPORT would make sense, but this would break backward
compatibility WRT RELENG_7.

What to do about this?

FYI, libssp is not used at all currently since the few symbols required
by SSP are provided in libc.  The only use I can figure is when you want
to link a program without libc while still protecting it with SSP.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen