My GSoC Intro...

vi0 vi0 at semihalf.com
Thu Apr 24 18:00:14 UTC 2008

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Przemek Witaszczyk and I am one of those very happy
FreeBSD GSoCers of 2008:)

I am 25 years old and I come from Polad. Currently I'm working on
my PhD in the field of theoretical physics (AdS/CFT correspondence,
one nifty thing that came out from the superstrings theory...). MSc also
in theory, two years ago at Jagiellonian University, Krakow...

My story of open source operating systems began in high school,
when I met Linux and was persuaded by the fact that you can never stop
configuring them:>. Since then I've checked out several OSes such like
Solaris, Tru64 and even Plan9, but no doubt FreeBSD was the one
I'd liked the most.

So here I am. Partially by an accident I began working with embedded
systems developer, Rafal Jaworowski (and his UltraTeam:>), who
asked me if I'd liked to take a try in GSoC. So eventually we did it
and now with him as my Mentor I'm going to port FreeBSD to Efika -
a PPC based system on a chip eval board. What I expect the most
is learning as much as possible about the unix kernel and
getting to know with as many fbsd developers as possible.
And - to succeed, of course..

Greets!

Przemek Witaszczyk