Multipath routing - failover version

Mihai Serb miauris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:09:01 UTC 2008

On 4/16/08, Li, Qing <qing.li at bluecoat.com> wrote:

>        Hi,
>
>        I recently incorporated multipath support into -CURRENT,
>        for the upcoming 8.0.  This patch originated from the KAME
>        project and builds on the existing routing data structures
>        and infrastructure. As a result I did not have to
>        modify the userland programs, however, I think netstat
>        can use some tweaking in its output.

 The reason why I've made this patch is that I needed some sort of failover
and not load balancing. Corect me if I'm wrong but it seams that you've
added support for some sort of load balancing. Anyway, I will certainly take
a closer look at your work and maybe try to adjust it to my needs.

       Hmm... in the current code if_unroute() would remove
>        the interface route when the interface is down.

That is corect but it does not remove the ifp reference of a gateway route.

Mihai Serb