Multipath routing - failover version

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:33:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Li, Qing <qing.li at bluecoat.com> wrote:

>        I recently incorporated multipath support into -CURRENT,
>        for the upcoming 8.0.  This patch originated from the KAME

The most annoying feature of the -stable routing is that you cannot add an
IP to an interface if the route already exists.  An example would be our
datacentre where two routers both have vlan interfaces on the same subnet
and they run OSPF (quagga).  If machine you add the IP to the vlan on
machine A, you need to stop OSPF on machine B before it will allow you to
add the IP on it's vlan. Operationally, this is suboptimal.  Is this gnat
fixed?

Obviously, also, a machine should prefer it's own interface routes to routes
provided by external routing protocols.

Is anyone involved in this pushing these changes into quagga?