Xorg port problem?

Ali Mashtizadeh mashtizadeh at gmail.com
Tue May 29 06:10:28 UTC 2007

I seem to have problems building xorg-server port on freebsd HEAD with a
snapshot of source that is about  5 days old. I'm running AMD64 build
everything i've installed is fine except when building xorg-server gcc
4.2starts to use all the memory i have and then exits saying not
enough memory
(Over 2GBs of RAM + Swap being used). It does this consistently when it
tries to compile xf86PciScan.c (hope thats the right file). Sometime the
system locks up from this load but i think that ZFS 's fault. I was
wondering maybe I just had bad luck with this build? I haven't seen this in
previous builds I'm wondering if its GCC 4.2?

Note this was done on a completely clean new system. With a ZFS root :-)

--
Ali Mashtizadeh
علی مشتی زاده