Multiple IP Jail's patch for FreeBSD 6.2

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Mon May 14 17:15:39 UTC 2007

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007, Ed Schouten wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> * Andre Oppermann <andre at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>  I'm working on a "light" variant of multi-IPv[46] per jail.  It doesn't
>>>  create an entirely new network instance per jail and probably is more
>>>  suitable for low- to mid-end (virtual) hosting.  In those cases you
>>>  normally want the host administrator to excercise full control over
>>>  IP address and firewall configuration of the individual jails.  For
>>>  high-end stuff where you offer jail based virtual machines or network
>>>  and routing simulations Marco's work is more appropriate.
>>
>> Is there a way for us to colaborate on this? I'd really love to work on
>> this sort of stuff and I think it's really interesting to dig in that
>> sort of code.
>>
>> I already wrote an initial patch which changes the system call and
>> sysctl format of the jail structures which allow you to specify lists of
>> addresses for IPv4 and IPv6.

talk with Marko Zec about "immunes".

 http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/vimage/
and
 http://www.tel.fer.hr/imunes/

It has a complete virtualized stack for each jail.
ipfw, routing table, divert sockets, sysctls, statistics, netgraph etc.

He as a set of patches against 7-current that now implements nearly all the
parts you need. It Will be discussed at the devsummit on Wed/Thurs
and we'll be discussing whether it is suitable for general inclusion or to be
kept as patches. Note, it can be compiled out, which leaves a pretty much
binarily compatible OS, so I personally would like to see it included.