Mouse + KVM Issues [with fix]

Rick Olson rick at napalmriot.com
Tue Mar 6 06:02:05 UTC 2007

I'm really not sure which list to post this to, and this is my first
post on any of the official FreeBSD mailing lists, so pardon my
ignorance.  This was a tossup between arch & hackers.

A long time ago, way back in May of 2005, there was a bug/change-request
posted by a Tim H. regarding increasing compatibility of the psm driver
with KVM switches.  That post is located at:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2005-May/012848.html

Recently, I was blessed (and cursed) with a new KVM to switch between
Windows, my glorified music player, and FreeBSD.  That's when the very
issue Tim brought up started happening, and caused me countless hours of
frustration and researching (without a scrollwheel, mind you).

Finally, after finding that post and doing as instructed, (psm.c was
located at /usr/src/sys/dev/atkbdc/psm.c for me), I was able to get
things back to bearable.

Is there any way that simple change could be implemented into the base,
or are there other issues that would arise by implementing that fix?  I
can verify that it works, and I've noticed there are quite a few people
that experienced the same issue.

Thanks,

Rick
http://www.sensual.jp