Keyboard not working except "Enter" Key and getting monochrome color with Vmware on HP Pavillio dv6000 series notebook

ajay gopalakrishnan geek.dwells at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 01:57:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on Vmware on windows XP Media Center Edition
on my notebook HP Pavillion dv6000 series. The installation is proper.
Everything gets installed perfectly.

KDE starts also but the resolution is not OK. I'm not getting a colored
output for KDE. everything is black and white. Keyboard does not work except
the "Enter" Key. Mouse Works properly.

I have a NVidia GForce Go 7400 Graphics card with 256MB memory. My settings
on Windows XP currently are 1280x800 and color quality is highest 32bit and
refresh rate is 60Hz.

I had ran xorgconfig and xorgcfg. But, here i am not able to find any
keyboard looks like the layout of my notebook keyboard layout. The closest
match would be the Winbook and the IBM Thinkpad series. I had selected the
color to highest possible value 24bit (16 million colors). I dont know the
HSync and VSync values of my notebook since the manual of the notebook
doesnt have these values.

I had performed the same installation procedures on my desktop machine which
is a DELL Optiplex. It is working perfectly there. So i think that my
xorgconfig is wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Ajay.