handling pdfs?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sun Dec 2 11:23:00 PST 2007

Chuck Robey wrote:
> Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >> If you find a way to 'save' only parts of a PDF document, i.e. pages
> >> 5-10, 17 and 25 in a separate file, then the ``pdfjam'' port includes
> >> a utility called ``pdfjoin'' :)
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/pdf2ps # ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15/+CONTENTS:bin/pdf2ps
> > then gs allows printing of page numbers
> > then print PS or
> > 	 /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf # /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu
> >

> Seeing as I start out with pdfs here, yo probably meant pdf2ps, not
> ps2pdf, right?  I will take another look at this, but in the past, when
> I have tried to use pdf2ps, it often would yield me pstscripts that
> couldn't be pages, for some reason.  Maybe that's an old, fixed bug?

Hi Chuck,
I mean use both !
As I only know how to split pages using gs, I would convert .pdf to .ps
with pdf2ps then optionally take it back via pdf2ps.

BTW I also see  -help | grep pdf
	...	pdfwrite
I too have on occasion seen PDF version problems.
If some .pdf gives you problems, try sending me a copy
I have here all of 4.11, 6.2 & 7.0BETA2 to try with (albeit not many
7.09BETA3/ cirrent ports biuilt yet).

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.