Australian cvs repository

Robert McKenzie vk7rb at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 14 23:44:17 PDT 2007

Has anyone noted that the Australian cvs repository seems to be so
hopelessly out of sink that you cannot do a clean build using a clean cvsup.

I have just tried to cvsup from cvsup.au.FreeBSD.org after deleting all
of the src tree and also any cvs log/check files so that it was
basically a clean cvs.

After repeatedly trying to buildkernel and having constant failures at
different points I did a little more digging and found in one case that
the .h file was adrift of the matching .c file and after getting a later
version of the .h file which fixed one error, it then broke somewhere
else in the build.

So back to the drawing board and start again with a fresh cvs, this time
from cvsup17.FreeBSD.org.

Problem fixed, buildkernel went through without missing a beat.

After having done all that I then remembered why I gave up on the
Australian cvs repository years ago although I had forgotten why until
now, it was exactly because of the above problem.

Regards,
Robert McKenzie.