qemu is unusable on my smp box

Paolo Pisati p.pisati at oltrelinux.com
Sat May 13 13:20:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 02:05:58PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Paolo Pisati wrote:
>
> >all these problems occur on a dualcore pentiumd 920 (2.8Ghz),
> >2gb ram, intel 945g (X in vesa mode- agp doesn't attach)
> >(see dmesg attached), while the exact same freesbie images runs
> >fine on a 6.1 centrino at 1.6ghz 512mb ram and intel 915g (X with i810
> >and dri).
>
> I don't know for sure, but for me something similar (i.e. extremely low
> performance) happens with every SDL application (and qemu uses SDL) when
> X.Org doesn't use DRI. No matter how fast the machine is, I can trace
> window redrawing line by line with my eyes.

vesa slows down any graphic operation, but still i don't understand
why qemu it's so slow syncing the disks in the guest os, or why
it goes directly to mintor and hangs there so many times when i start it...
there's definitely something else wrong beside X...

--

Paolo

"le influenze esterne sono troppe, il mondo reale non e' mica
quello fatato dei komunisti :-p" - Anonymous Lumbard