no core file handler recognizes format

Avleen Vig lists-freebsd at silverwraith.com
Fri May 12 22:00:36 UTC 2006

My 6.0 box[1], and now my 6.1 box[1] have been crashing almost daily,
due to page faults. Last night I was lucky enough to see it happen on
screen, where it reported a "Page not present" error.

When I try to look at the code file in GDB, I get this error:

warning: "/usr/home/avleen/vmcore.0": no core file handler recognizes
format, using default
Can't fetch registers from this type of core file
Can't fetch registers from this type of core file
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()

I did see a message from a few months ago which stated the userworld
could be out of step with the kernel becaus the core file format changed
at some point, but I've been building the kernel and world together for
6.0 and 6.1.

Any suggestions befoer I downgrade to 5.4?

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator

"Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious
 attractiveness of others."  - Oscar Wilde