problem with SCSI

Oleg D. killa at ebash.it
Wed Jun 7 09:27:23 UTC 2006

Doug Barton wrote:

>Oleg D. wrote:
>

>>Sorry for some offtopic.
>>
>>Experiencing some troubles with SCSI disks on FBSD 4.8
>>

>This version is way past its useful life. You should seriously plan to
>upgrade at the earliest possible moment.

Maybe, but this machine has some jails on it. And after upgrading
main-machine there's a lot work to do to run jails with same world as
server runs, upgrading userland, etc... Cause I don't see any reason to
run different worlds on main and in jails - this may cause more troubles
even.
Server runs FBSD 4.8 for when it was released and only one trouble
happened...

>>and looking for advice/solution how to fix/diagnose-more...
>>
>>What (maybe not) causes troubles:
>>
>>okey# make clean
>>===>  Cleaning for m4-1.4_1
>>rm: /usr/ports/devel/m4/work: Directory not empty
>>*** Error code 1
>>

>Try rebooting to single user mode and running 'fsck -y'. That may help.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Doug

fsck runs every time when machine comes on after reboot and mountpoints
weren't properly dismounted.

/etc/rc.conf:
fsck_y_enable="YES"
fsck_background="NO"

And single_mode-fsck_-y was tried too already.

So, I don't expect any miracle after your advice

Trouble still exists.