freebsd 5.3, gmirror raid 1, PROBLEM

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 6 10:04:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 05:44:04PM -0400, sara lidgey wrote:
+> Hi All,
+>
+>  I've been running a server using FreeBSD 5.3 and gmirror to mirror two identical IDE hard drives.  Its been running great for over a year.  But recently everything went down and when I reboot and put a monitor on it I get the following errors on screen:
+>
+>  GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider ad1 disconnected
+>  GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider mirror/gm0 destroyed
+>  GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: rebuilding provider ad0 stopped
+>
+>  Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode...  (this is followed by details about the fault)
+>
+>  These errors are preceded by other related error information that flys by on the screen and I have no way of seeing them again.
+>
+>  Does anyone now what steps I should take to figure what is going on and try to recover data or get the machine to boot?

Can you provide more info? There should be more interesting informations
before those you pasted.
There was a lot of fixes to gmirror in 6.1, so you may consider an
upgrade.