status of ufsj and gjournal

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri Sep 9 04:58:28 PDT 2005

db at nipsi.de wrote:
> Hi list,
> I wonder whats the status of those summer of code projects.
>>From gjournal we heard that it has been completed but then nothing happens, any
> further information about this?
> Is somebody working on ufsj? Was the summer of code project successful?

Scott Long is the core person working on ufsj, and I have seen some
stuff worked on in his perforce tree, but I think it's a ways away from
being beta.  I'm sure he would welcome help.

gjournal is 'complete', but still beta, mostly (I think) due to lack of
bug reports/testing.  I know I have been playing with it, and have had
no real problems with the current beta.  It's a very cool tool, however
it won't help with fsck's - it's aimed at solving other problems.

Eric