Sendmail not using aliases

Steve Suhre tech at nano.net
Wed Sep 7 05:35:59 PDT 2005

I'm upgrading a server and have sendmail 8.13.1 installed. I've moved
the aliases and virtusertable files over and have run makemap and
newaliases. Sendmail has been complaining that it can't find aliased
users like postmaster and www. I doublechecked the aliases file and they
are there. If I add them to the virtusertable file, which I'd rather not
do, then sendmail stops complaining and delivers the mail. I checked for
the "-n" flag and it's not set when runnung sendmail at startup. I also
checked to see that the aliases file was in the correct place as
indicated in sendmail.cf.

Any ideas?

--

Steve Suhre