Forcing a packet through an interface (OT?)

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Tue Jul 12 14:46:27 GMT 2005

Mario,

I think the only way to do what you want is to find two hosts on the
internet that don't conflict with what you do on a day to day basis. Then
add custom routes for those two specific hosts, and with those routes, you
force traffic through each NIC.

A perfect example of two public servers would be time or whois servers.
Just be nice and dont ping too much (i.e., only send two "small" pings
every 2 minutes or something).

-john